We repair both the older, conventional stucco, as we did on a large scale at the Lexington Marriott Courtyard Hotel as pictured below, as well as the more customary for newer commercial buildings and storefronts, synthetic stucco referred to as Dryvit or EIFS.
The name Dryvit is the name of the manufacturer who produces different stucco systems. However, a lot of people have starting referring to the materials used by the manufacturer as Dryvit as well, which has caused some confusion. The product called Dryvit is a type of synthetic stucco that is applied as a final coat to another stucco system, such as EIFS, to keep water from penetrating the other layers of the wall. Hence the usage of “dry.”
Conventional Stucco Repairs
There was a very badly damaged area in the back of the hotel we were contracted to repair and paint, along with many other damaged areas all around the hotel including the internal courtyard and many guest balconies. We removed as much of the old, damaged stucco that we could, then began the rebuilding process. We floated the entire area with a Porter Cement base coat. We then sprayed the entire area with conventional stucco mix. Then the entire area was ready to paint from corner to corner of the back wall. The front porta cochere was also badly damaged after being hit by a delivery truck. We then applied the same Porter Cement base coat before spraying the stucco.
We had to first removed much of the previously patched area since it was only constructed with drywall. We build new metal framing. We then applied the same Porter Cement base coat before spraying the stucco. Finally, the entire area was ready for stucco and painting to make it look like nothing ever happened.
Stucco Project #1
Stucco Project #2
The front porta cochere was also badly damaged after being hit by a delivery truck.
Synthetic EIFS – Project #3
Exterior Insulation Finish System (EIFS) repair involves fixing any issues with the exterior insulation and finish of a building. This may include repairing or replacing damaged insulation, fixing leaks in the EIFS system, and repainting or resurfacing the exterior finish. It is important to address any issues with an EIFS system in a timely manner, as neglecting repairs can lead to more extensive and costly damage down the road. A professional contractor with experience in EIFS repair should be consulted for any repairs.
What are the steps involved in Exterior Insulation Finish System repair?
The steps involved in Exterior Insulation Finish System (EIFS) repair typically include:
- Inspection: A professional contractor will inspect the exterior of the building to identify any issues with the EIFS system, such as damaged insulation, leaks, or cracks in the finish.
- Preparation: The contractor will prepare the repair area by removing any loose or damaged materials, such as damaged insulation or cracked finish.
- Repair: The contractor will repair any issues with the EIFS system, such as replacing damaged insulation or sealing leaks. This step may also include reinforcing the EIFS system in order to prevent future damage.
- Resurfacing: The contractor will apply a new finish to the repaired areas, which may include painting or stucco.
- Clean-up: The contractor will clean up the work area, removing any debris and leaving the building in a tidy condition.
- Final inspection: The contractor will conduct a final inspection of the repair work to ensure that it meets the building’s standards and that the building is safe for occupancy.
Note that the steps may vary depending on the specific issues and the building’s design, but this is a general overview of the process. Below are the EIFS repairs and painting we did for the new Birch & Burlap store at the Fayette Mall.
After having the cages removed from the storefront below at the Fayette Mall (which would become the new Burlap & Birch store) and having the brackets cut out, you can see the large holes left in the EIFS and substrate of foam and base coat.
We have performed many EIFS repairs such as the one pictured above for Umbrella One, Sam’s Club, Bar Louie, and many others.
Call us today to schedule your Dryvit EIFS repairs today. 859-321-7344